Saturday, November 10, 2007

"Star Wars" & Human scale Sewing......

I am taking a quick break from my “Project Doll Way” blogging to share some family fun. In my first blog entry I expounded on the fact that I was sewing in “full” human scale making a Princess Leia costume for my gorgeous Daughter in Law. My son and DNL both work for Space Center Houston, my son in exhibits and my DNL in education.

The last few months the education “Camps” were designed around a “Star Wars” theme. To cap off the series the finial event was a full blown costume party, Jack was Han Solo and Patricia, Princess Leia.
So finally weeks later Jack has sent me some of the pictures that I have been begging for.

Jack came over every night the week before the party to work on his costume. He is soo000 very clever. See the “Blaster” he fashioned from spare parts he found in the garage. (Looked everywhere but can not find the picture I took of it) I picked up a leather skirt at a thrift store and we recreated the famous Han Solo holster together that week.
Could you just die? Aren’t they wonderful and cute!!!
No.... gorgeous!!!!
My kids are talented, clever, fun and gorgeous!!!!

Makes a Mom proud!!! All those years of science projects, Halloween costumes and play practices ...good to know that it all bubbles back up in the form of fun and talent when they grow up!!!
I am looking forward to this morning. My doll buddies Dot, Beth and I are getting together to view the “Project Dollway” runway show.
We have all worked really hard the last 2 weeks to participate in the “At Home” challenge by making our LBD. Can’t wait to show off mine and see what the girls have done....
Tomorrow I will post my thoughts on the runway show and then next I will post pictures of my home challenge and the making of......

2 comments:

jungle dream pagoda said...

OOOOOO !!! Spectacular !!! I love them,Patricia is already glowing!

jungle dream pagoda said...

...but then she always does!

"Bianca"

"Bianca"
First place Contest doll for IFDC 2007