Sunday, October 28, 2007

Project dollway - Ellowyne at home CHALLENGE

Ellowyne is the #2 challenge of the fun and exciting “Project Dollway” on line contest.
This challenge is about the “client’ . We were told to select an Ellowyne doll.

From this selection were to read her poem and from that we were to design her outfit baised on the tone and mood she reflected. We were to create a 5 piece out fit for her that goes from day to night.

"Bitter Green”
I like antiques and wilted flowers:
Black licorice I could eat for hours.
Standing in my house serene
With walls painted BITTER GREEN.
I was naturally drawn to this client due to the bright colors. I love color and this green is one of my current favorite.The inspiration for my color scheme came to me as a bit of left over trim from work.
The trim has a very Victorian time worn and faded appearance in Citrine green, old gold, with a cinnamon accent.
From the poem “Bitter Green” Ellowyne makes reference to wilted flowers, so I felt that a faded flower should be an accessory to this design, used both in the day and night look.
My color choice for this important accessory is cinnamon with faded gold ribbon streamers.

(the fabric selections)

As a 5 piece ensemble I knew the major color in the design should be “Bitter Green” so the asymmetric the skirt and the top are in this color. For the day look, I added a big legged pair of pants.I created a funky shrug out of the old gold with sheer poofy mutton sleeves also in old gold that could be day or night wear.



Through out the ensemble I have used a pleated accents which are present in the asymmetric skirt hem and at the placket in the pants hem. Another accent element in the skirt and blouse is applied trim in cinnamon; with sheered lace to match.I created a reversible sash (green and gold) which can be used in many applications, but here mainly as a belt for the night time look.My goal was to create a youthful contemporary collection with the time worn elegance of the Victorian age.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Durelle, Thank you so much for your fabulous comments on my Ellowyne. I was happy with the way she turned out. Your work is amazing and makes your comments on my work even more exceptional. Love what you are doing in the home challenges.
Judith

jungle dream pagoda said...

Your ideas for this one are great! I actually haven't been Dollwaying with you because I just can't get used to the Yahoo groups format. I have been watching the official site though!

"Bianca"

"Bianca"
First place Contest doll for IFDC 2007