Saturday, October 27, 2007

Project Dollway - My take on the Ellowyne Challegne

Today the Ellowyne Runway Show came on line... this is my mussing on the designs and the designers!

http://www.projectdollway.com/Ellowyne%20Challenge%20Runway.html

Do you like it!!!
That is my criteria .... this is not a real world we are creating for our dolls and of all dolls, Ellowyne is definitely not realistic in anyway. So some fun and fantasy in THIS challenge is just the ticket for me.
I want to say that this was a hard challenge to judge...(at home) I first went design by design and counted the pieces... 1 2 3 4 5.... Then.....next the criteria of “day to night –night to day.”.. la la la la... but in the end it boiled down to my “Like” and I liked Judith’s the best!!! Wow...... she did a wonderful job in all areas, by my judgment! And as a BIG plus....+++++ it was fun and had some very original thinking. Lucky also for her she was the only designer to choose “Red White and Very Blue” which for me made her a stand-out! (BTW...paint can purse...brilliant!)


All of the designers did a wonderful job with a difficult challenge. I applauded them all...

Wow... some of the workmanship was amazing.
Kimberly’s jacket...perfection and I loved that blouse... remarkable detail on such a small scale.
Leigh did a outstanding job transforming from day to night and night to day.. and that little black sweater.... yummm..meeee. so detail and perfect!
I just loved Brenda’s Bohemian styling... (Sorry it was not styled correctly for you but actually I really liked the finial pic it had a very dressed up attitude to me.) The fabric choices were impeccable, love the colors and as always the accessories were to die for.
Again José never fails to come in on top by producing an outstanding design... beautiful tailoring and fit on the hound’s-tooth pants suite and the day to night transition is perfect. (I love citrine green)
Brandon ....sooooo much detail and the scale was just perfect!! Love the collar and sleeves on the blouse, I know how difficult it is to create such a look on a small scale and you did it! WOW... it did not matter one bit about the CAPE issue..
Andrea also achieved the defiant day to night aspect of the challenge and that wonderful hat certainly captured the essence of Ellowyne for me.
Mario and Gianni ... again love that blouse... wow... to me the hardest thing to do in doll wear is a blouse.. and you guys nailed it. Great use of color too..
Considering a lot to the designers choose to used “Nevermore” I was continually please to see a variety of color palettes use along with the black. Debbie’s deep plum skirt (yummy)Jose’s citrine underskirt, Karen’s Orange (love that color too) was risky but fun and Leigh’s soft lavender.... great variety.
A few designers missed the mark on the challenge criteria but still had a wonderful showing... all of the out fits were done to perfection. I think the construction over all was much more impressive than the last challenge. Well tailored, pressed, and the fit good.
I believe, and I think I said this last challenge... that it is most important for each designer to stay true to their personal design style. The twist is to configure your style to the challenge in a way that still says ... “Who are you Wearing?”

2 comments:

k. said...

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. I hope you will continue to review the PD designs, despite the prevailing attitude that this is a "no-no." How can any of us improve if people are restricted to only patting us on the head for things we got right?

During the competition I found that sometimes my ambitions outpaced reality, and other times the vision was just right...but it was really tricky to maintain my design integrity and find a place often.

I hope you will continue to enjoy the at home challenges. :)

jungle dream pagoda said...

My faves for this challenge was Brenda ,hands down!
I also loved Judith and Jose!! Those 3 were my faves!

"Bianca"

"Bianca"
First place Contest doll for IFDC 2007