Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday morning musing.....

Today is one of those rare days to just messing around and maybe make some soup. I am waiting on Jack and Patricia to come over. Yesterday I made a costume for Patricia, a Princess Leia ceremonial dress, for her to wear next weekend.

I still have to hem it and do the sheer cape.
So in the mean while I am plundering through my “Stuff”. ( This particular stuff is from IFDC last summer.) Because I now have 2 empty rooms (boys away at college)... I have moved a lot of my dolly stuff to one room which has a set of shelves.


(clearly not my best photo work)After a long visit at my office I brought home my “Table Gift Dolls” and allocated a shelf JUST for them. I was missing the goodies that came with Brenda’s 60’s collection, but I knew where they were...in that “bag of IFDC goodies” that had not been sorted into proper storage.
And so it started.... don’t you hate when you get this really big mess out and then you HAVE to finish by finding a place for it all?
I keep getting stumbled up with “Playing” with things.
Like for instance ..... Table mate, Debbie, always gives us the neatest LITTLE goodies.... and “KITS” which include fun fabric collections, beads, ribbons and trims. I can never convince myself to break-up the set... and put the fabric with my other fabric... beads with bead... etc etc... To me it just must be kept together....

(neat hmmm?)
I think I still have the wonderful set she made “Plum Blossom CafĂ©” 3 years ago. OK, weird I know... but that is the artiest in me...

Now a Warning!!!!!
And in regards to IFDC.... let me give you all a word of warning.....!!!!
Beware....of what you get off of the free-be table...yes there are little hidden monsters in that pile of “FREE” stuff...
As I was digging through the free-be piles I stuck my finger on a sharp “Tool”. This tool was a sculpting tool with a sharp knife like end and the other end was a scoop-y type tool. Well it got my attention when it attacked me but in my frenzy I had a quick thought, hmmm that could be nice.. soooo I took it ...(well it was free).
Remembering the attack I thought to put it in my suitcase in a safe place...one of those side pockets..
With out any additional thought of it when I got home and unloaded my goodies I missed removing it with the other fun stuff from convention. Days later when I was putting away my luggage I did one more check to make sure it was empty. Now like most luggage the inside of mine is black. So with my hand I did a blind search. Ya..ouch.... got me again... that bugger.!!! But undaunted once again I kept it, putting it in with my bag of goodies.
Fast forward to today... remember I am “sorting” well I find it again... but this time I have the upper hand..... I see it!! And I think to myself .. “Hmmmmm, that thing is of no use to me...I must get rid of it before it cuts me again.” So into the plastic bag I have assigned as trash t goes. OK... done right?

No.. after I am done sorting I clean up my mess and take the bag in hand to take out side.... that little monster pushes it way out of the bag on the side and pokes my leg... shish.... blood is dripping down my leg as I come in from tossing it out side in the trash...
Soooo.... just a little warning to my dolly buddies who enjoy a little free-be stuff... choose wisely!








No comments:

"Bianca"

"Bianca"
First place Contest doll for IFDC 2007