Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Susie in "Germany"

"Edelweiss"

Not much commentary to share here this time. I just jumped on my first idea (which is odd for me) and ran with it. We only had one week to come up with the finial design. I read the challenge out line at work Monday morning. I took out my sketch pad and dashed out my ideas and thoughts. When it came time for lunch I jumped in my car and drove to Johannes to make sure I could get the very important trim needed to make this design happen. Sure enough there is was “EXACTLY” what I wanted even the colors I envisioned. Grabbed it and took off with out any hesitation. Yahooooooo.... When I got home from work I was off and running. Got the outfit started that night.
Next day when I got home my doll buddy Beth, out of the blue had overnight ed to me her Susie...sooo thought full I never even ask I was just going to use a Barbie. (Thank you BETH) And as luck would have it she was a blond, perfect!!! Tuesday night I fitted the outfit to Susie and almost finished it. I took it to work Wednesday morning and bounced some details I had in mind off of some of the other designers. And that night she was finished....... her hair and all!!
I always love to share a few hints that I discover along the design “Trail” and this week I have a very simple solution to a common problem. I use one of my black trouser socks to make the knee high sock for Susie.. The lyrica in the socks was perfect and already washed many times so no need to worry about the black dye getting on the doll. Even cutting it off did not require any hems. So use this tip or not but I think it worked out great with very little effort.
Here she is .....she did not win but she got great feed back on the group and most like her very much.

~ENJOY~

auf Wiedersehen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Durelle,
Your Susie was my favourite of all the designs. Your work is awesome. I also want to thank you so much for all the positive feedback you have left for my work.What a journey this is!
Judith :-)

jungle dream pagoda said...

Another superbly gorg look !!! I want this dress! You should have won this one too!

"Bianca"

"Bianca"
First place Contest doll for IFDC 2007